Medical / Dietary Needs
What you need to know
No special diet is required for Sotos syndrome although a well-balanced diet is important. The severity of any one of the possible medical conditions varies widely between individuals. Therefore it is important to ask the parents about the medical issues in their child
School age children with Sotos may have multiple doctors and specialist visits to monitor medical conditions.
What you can do
- A yearly check-up and studies as needed should occur in the child’s Medical Home.
- Be aware of any changes in behavior or mood that seem out of line with the situation and notify the parents.
- It is important to be aware of any academic changes. Contact parents when any differences are noticed.
- No special diet is required for Sotos syndrome although a well-balanced diet is important.
- Be aware, or ask parents, if the child has a medical alert bracelet.