Medical / Dietary Needs
What you need to know
Medical home providers can help families access educational supports. Psychological and/or psychiatric evaluation, behavioral supports, and/or medications may be helpful with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD).
No special diet is required for individuals with Fragile X syndrome. A well-balanced diet and exercise is recommended.
Be aware, or ask parent, if the child has a medical alert bracelet.
What you can do
- Refer as needed to early intervention, special education, and other supports.
- Medical Home can keep an eye on vision, hearing. School staff can do vision and hearing screenings.
- Early intervention for delayed milestones Learn more
- Special education
- Small class size
- Individual attention
- Avoid sudden change or too much stimulation
- Vocational training
- Individual drug treatment of behaviors that affect social interactions
- Routine treatment of medical problems
- Otitus media may be common and ear infections should be monitored.
- Behavioral and psychological testing as needed