School Absences & Fatigue
What you need to know
Absences may occur due to illness, medical appointments, seizure activity, or hospitalizations. Difficulty sleeping may be an issue.
What you can do
- Discuss the child’s nighttime sleeping patterns with the parents.
- Provide consistent routine.
- Consider temperature in the environment and change to cooler or warmer if necessary.
- Schedule daytime naps or afternoon rests if needed.
- Some children respond to a change in scenery (i.e. taking a walk) when tired.