Physical Activity, Trips, Events
What you need to know
- Any change in routine may produce anxiety, fears, and/or worry.
What you can do
- Offer anticipatory guidance and information to prepare for a change in routine such as a field trip.
- Create a picture story about the upcoming event. The child can rehearse it alone or with others.
- If the child has any sensory, hearing, or vision issues, he/she may need preferred seating.
- If you live in New England (USA) and qualify, Northeast Passage offers Therapeutic Recreation and Adaptive Sports programming.