GEMSS was developed by the New England Genetics Collaborative (NEGC), which became the New England Regional Genetics Network (NERGN) in June, 2017.
- Our goal is to promote awareness of and education about genetic conditions.
- Contributors to GEMSS come from clinical, public health, advocacy, and academic settings. All content has been vetted by family experts.
- Before developing GEMSS, we conducted focus groups in three elementary school settings to get feedback about the usefulness of a website like GEMSS. Read more.
- GEMSS was launched in 2012 with seven conditions. There are now 37 conditions and a section for undiagnosed disorders, as well as numerous enhancements.
- GEMSS is not intended to provide medical advice nor to aide in making a diagnosis. See full disclaimer.
NERGN is funded by Cooperative Agreement No. UH7MC30778 between the University of New Hampshire and the Health Resources and Services Administration/Maternal and Child Health Bureau/Genetic Services Branch.
We invite you to contact the New England Regional Genetics Network (NERGN) at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have comments or questions.